Sunday, May 25, 2008

Yes we are still here





Yes, I am the slowest blogger ever! Two things have impacted my failure to post. First now that there is a 4 yr. old in the house I have absolutely no time. I am on my computer for work alot and then I don't have time to get on for other stuff like the blog.
Secondly, I always like to post pictures and my camera is broken and sent in for repairs with Nikon. It seems as though a certain junior photographer at our house dropped the camera and broke it. I won't mention any names but she is 4 years old and speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese as well as some English which is becoming more fluent every day!
I will still post a few pictures that I already have until I have new ones.
Things are really going well. We have had lots of visitors and we love it. My Mom and Dad were here last weekend. They go by Nana and Poppi but Clare calls Nana Banana instead. Hey she's busy learning English for all the fruits and Nana and Banana are so similar- what the heck!
My friend Liz and her daughter Isabelle from Charleston came to see us and gave Clare the most fitting gift- a Princess dress. What a perfect match for her. I took a picture with our old camera and I will try to post it. Isabelle was adopted a 6 from China and Liz was my adoption mentor for years and years. Isabelle is now 17 and she is absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful girl. They live in Charleston, SC and they were in town to visit a couple of colleges as Isabelle is Junior. Our top pick is Furman because then she would be nearby- we would love that!
Today our good friends Charlie and Caroline and their two kids Charlie and Margo are coming for the day. We are looking forward to seeing them.
All in all things are going very well. Clare continues to amaze us with the amount of English she is learning every day. She really understands most of what we are saying and she can say more and more in English every day.
We went to visit her teacher at St. Mary's for 4 year old pre-school this fall. Her and Guh Guh Jack will be at the same school and she can't wait. The day after we went for our visit she didn't understand why she was not going to school when Jack went. I couldn't quite explain that concept to her that she would start in the fall when Jack went back to school after summer. Jack is out for the summer in 4 days so it will be fine when he is not leaving for school every day. School will be great for her- she is so busy and loves to interact- and I do mean interact all day long! She will have other kids her age to be with and keep her busy, while she is learning lots of new things.
I promise to post again soon. Monday May 26th is Clare's 4th Birthday- Happy Birthday Clare!

1 comment:

Kimber and Scott Miller said...

Just wanted to say hi and wish Clare a belated happy birthday! Will keep a watch on your blog for updates!

See ya
Kim Miller
(Drew's mom)